Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I can't even hear myself think!

Today has been one of those days as a mom where I think  I am slowly losing my mind. Complete and utter chaos is all I hear. Some are giggles, some are growls, but the bad ones are the screams. The ones where you know someone is being provoked or slightly injured. 
The ones where when the sound hits your ears you instantly feel you blood pressure rise.
And the ones that bring this voice out of your mouth that would startle anyone within a city block. That is the Voice that when my husband hears it from outside his office he knows he better go help his wife. 
But then there are the times, like right now as I am typing, that even though I can barely hear myself think, they are playing with each other!! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh girl you just described almost every single day!

Doesn't it seem that even on good days, these moments happen at least once? Go figure. ;-)

Indian Lake Papa said...

Have been in a bar once - to talk to a buddy - never have had a beer. Tasted wine a couple of times, never cared for it. What do you think are the best non-alcohol drinks you can order? welcome to the blog world!

Anonymous said...

oooh you're gonna learn to LOVE Papa! :D

Papa, you aren't missing out on the beer. It's gross. I think someone intended it to be used for torture purposes.

Hey Kim, did I tell you Jake started brewing his own beer? It's a lovely process (note the sarcasm please) that takes up my whole entire kitchen.

Kristen said...

Thankfully my kids don't scream much, but the whining can send me instantly over the edge...I cannot stand whining!! Oh, and how fun, both the kids are coming down with colds and are especially whiny today ... :)

kim adams said...

Indian Lake papa, you ask about the best non-alcoholic drink.....All I know is as a bartender, I hate making non-alcoholic blended drinks, its the worst. But if you want to be cleaver, you can ask for a blue dolphin, with a twist, aka water with a lemon twist. A good friend of mine who is in AA orders it every weekend.